Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sorry, Gerber

$1.19 for a 2-pack of Gerber Organic Carrots or $.89 for a pack of organic carrots from Trader Joe's that can make 10 meals? An easy choice for a stay-at-home mom! Since before Katie was born I knew I wanted to make her baby food. Not only is it much more economical, but it's also great to know exactly what is going into the food she eats. And it's fun! Today I made apples, peas, carrots and sweet potatoes. She seems to really enjoy the new tastes. Next up, fresh peaches! Yum!


Katie enjoying the fruits (and vegetables) of my labor :)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Trader Joes!

    I am very impressed with you mothering/cooking/canning abilities. Keep it up Maureen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVED making Milo's food... its so much better for them and its so easy (and cheap!!!!) great job :) looks yummy

    ReplyDelete